Preparation of educational programmes and modules is based on the long-term and developmental recommendations and solutions embedded in the strategic plan entitled “Concept for Intercultural Education”. Starting from its vision of fostering of intercultural relations and integrative processes, as well as creating an upbringing and educational environment for promotion of cultural diversities, all aspects of upbringing and educational work in primary and secondary schools were taken into account when designing the programme offer of the Training Centre for Intercultural Education, such as:
- work contents,
- forms, methods and techniques of learning and teaching,
- textbooks, materials and other equipment,
- extracurricular activities,
- competencies of teachers, professional associates and principals,
- environment of the upbringing and educational institutions, and
- relationship between upbringing and educational institutions and the wider community.
Programmes and modules are structured in several distinct areas based on multilayered topics that will enable all participants in the training process to familiarize with the concept and the idea of intercultural education and policies for successful implementation of this educational concept in intercultural school environments.
At the same time, provided modules will enable all participants to learn immediately about the benefits of the cross-curricular approach in pursuing various intercultural initiatives in the field of education, both as a contemporary pedagogical trend and global upbringing and educational challenge.
Participants in this type of trainings will have the opportunity to develop, acquire and improve following three types of skills and competencies, as programme standards:
personal and interpersonal competencies,
cognitive and creative skills.
Goals of the Programme for training for intercultural education (MODULE A):
- Enabling independent organization and implementation of various upbringing and educational activities;
- Sensitization towards respecting diversities in the school environment and overcoming various stereotypes and prejudices – social, ethnic, cultural, etc;
- Promoting the importance of individualized approach according to individual potentials and abilities of students;
- Enabling implementers for proper and successful application of tandem and team work;
- Recognizing positive features and benefits of the game-based approach in upbringing and educational activities;
- Sensitizing the implementers to support children’s curiosity and originality, as well as students’ creative potentials;
- Introducing techniques for encouraging and developing the logical, flexible, divergent and critical thinking among students;
- Strengthening interaction, cooperation and trust between the teaching staff of different ethnic communities.
CONTENTS AND STRUCTURE OF THE TRAINING
The training contains following topics:
These programme areas are planned to be implemented through several sub-topics.
TCNMIE trainers at NDC Skopje will take part in the implementation, along with domestic and international experts in the areas mentioned.
- Interactive method of work
- Bilingual / trilingual approach
- Work in small groups
- Group discussion
- Problem-based learning
All participants that will actively pass all of the topics covered will receive an international certificate for successfully completed training.