Creation of the Specialized training for the Nansen model in primary and secondary education emerged as an initiative which aims at upgrading knowledge, developing skills and competences of teachers that are perennial implementers of the Nansen model for integrated education, distinguished tandems, as well as for teachers who continuously participate in organizing project school activities based on the Nansen model for integrated education.
This program is structured in several specific areas based on multiple topics that each competent implementer of the Nansen model for integrated education needs to know, master and promote.
The program is very complex and its realization is a long-term process which will provide each participant the opportunity to be involved in the process of personal transformation in the spirit of the idea and vision for integrated education, and with intention that transformation is transmitted, reflected, and initiated in working with the students, parents, and other representatives of their home schools.
Personal transformation of the included tandems, we hope will be the basis for future positive transformation of the schools, thanks to the detected gains and benefits of the Nansen model for integrated education to the overall educational process in the Republic Macedonia.
Participants involved in this training will have the opportunity of developing, acquiring and perfecting the following three types of skills and competences, as standards of the program, i.e.:
- personal and interpersonal competences
- cross-curricular competences
- cognitive and creative skills
Goals of the Specialized training for the Nansen model in primary and secondary education:
– Encouraging the process of personal transformation of the teachers
– Developing skills to innovate the process of realization of the NMIE
– Sensitizing ways of promoting, building, and improving the concept of integrated education
– Developing skills for successful, objective and impartial qualitative evaluation of the output products of NMIE
Program areas of the Specialized training for the Nansen model in primary and secondary education:
- Ethos of integrated schools
- Unbiased approach in the educational process
- Positive school environment
- Communication in integrated school environment
- Qualitative evaluation of the intercultural component in schools
Their implementation will include trainers from TCNMIE at NDC, as well as domestic and international experts for those areas.
Features of the Specialized training for the Nansen model in primary and secondary education:
Interactive way of working
Bilingual / trilingual approach
Working in small groups
Learning through problem solving
Participants who will actively attend all the planned themes, will receive a certificate of completed Specialized training for the Nansen model in primary and secondary education.